In the world we live in, stress has become a way of life. Many times we work a 40-hour week at our jobs and then spend our weekends working around the house and in the yard. Add children to that mix and there is a recipe for prolonged stress. Relieving stress is crucial to a productive and happy life.
Prolonged stress is bad for you because it weakens the body and the brain. This is why:
- Your adrenal glandspump adrenaline, which raises your heart rate, your blood pressure, and increases the amount of sugar in your blood. Your adrenal cortex sends out cortisol, part of the stress response. This helps us in certain situations, but when it becomes habitual it is destructive.
- Stress kills brain cells; It is not true that brain cells stop growing when you’re an adult, they just grow more slowly.
- Stress is associated with depressionand anxiety.
- Your immune system doesn’t work as well as it should.
- The right amount of stress is beneficial, but too much is deadly.
This is why relaxation is as important to your well-being.as eating well and getting enough exercise.
This is where an expert like Tammi Zimmerman at Serenity Thyme Massage can help you with your relaxation. Tammi has been a Licensed Massage Therapist and energy practitioner since 2006. She is Nationally Certified in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork. Her training includes Swedish, muscle release, elderly, chair sports, reflexology, hot stone, raindrop, prenatal and Reiki. This variety of natural health modalities allow her to choose the techniques that will best meet your needs, whether health or relaxation based.
The Benefits of Therapeutic Massage are many and include:
- Promotes Well Being and Relaxation
- Relieves Muscular Tension and Tension Headaches
- Boosts Immune System
- Improves Range of Motion, Flexibility and Posture
- Increases Circulation
- Relieving Stress and Anxiety
Some of the unique services Serenity Thyme offers are; Hot Stone Massage (Relieves tense muscles and sore joints), Raindrop Technique Massage (uses the dropping of oils to bring the mind, body & soul into balance), Swedish and Deep Tissue Massage (removes tension and eliminates stress), Reiki (helps relieve pain), Reflexology (eliminates symptoms of pain and sickness), Visceral Manipulation (specific to the abdominal and pelvic regions), Lymphatic Drainage (rids toxins of the lymph system), Myokinesthetic System (works on specific muscles along one nerve pathway), Craniosacral Therapy (naturally eliminates pain and stress) and Total Body Balancing (which is a full body evaluation and treatment approach to tension).
Serentiy Thyme utilizes essential oils in their relaxation techniques. Tammi is also a Young Living Essential Oil distributor. Essential oils have enhanced lives for thousands of years, offering a variety of benefits from cosmetic and dietary purposes
to spiritual and religious use. Young Living has always been at the forefront of bringing this ancient tradition to modern users, introducing millions to emotional, physical, and spiritual wellness that can be truly life-changing.
Extracted through careful steam distillation, resin tapping, and cold pressing, the purest essential oils are far more powerful than the botanicals from which they come. Any time you hold a bottle of Young Living’s powerful essential oils, you hold nature’s pure essence.
Serenity Thyme Massage is able to help in multiple ways. Contact Tammi by phone at (785) 231-7715 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. The office is located at 5709 SW 21st Street, Suite #107 and more information can be found on the web at www.massagebytammi.com.
Serenity Thyme Massage
5709 SW 21st Street, Suite #107